Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Unofficial NaBloPoMo: June 1 - 6: Theme: Jump

I'm doing this unofficially ... because I missed the cut off (yesterday) for putting my blog on the list.  But when I tripped on this last night just before turning off the computer, I chose to go ahead and go to bed, rather than figure it out at (Midnight) last night.


Wednesday, June 6, 2012
What is something you'd like to jump into if you had more time/money?

Money?   Wow... foreign concept!
My dreams though ... are to TRAVEL.
I want to start up in the area of Boston - travel and see everything from History - WITH my kids.  I want to sit where the action took place - and do our history lesson for that day.  
And then, when we've exhausted the entire USA - I want to go to other countries - starting with the Holy Lands.
Somehow though, I always forget that I have to talk to people when we travel.  Talking ... Communication.
Fortunately - I married a guy who isn't as weirded out about people as I am... I'll let the Ref do the communicating ... and then we will all 6 absorb the sights and smells and tastes and sounds as we travel.


Tuesday, June 5, 2012
How do you feel about starting new projects?

I am TERRIFIED when I start most new projects.
What if I waste money?  What if the outcome is poor?  What if others don't like it?
What if ....   the list is so long.  The solutions list is usually quite short.
Communicating to others and time in prayer - what my goals are and how others can help, asking for help and guidance.   Communication again.
All there is to do is jump in over my head, and hope I don't wear out before I can figure out the swimming part.  
And trust my Lifeguard (God) to keep me from drowning.


Monday, June 4, 2012
What is something you recently jumped into?

This blog ... as well as doing reviews for my cousin's O Scarlet Inde Author Reviews.
I had been toying with the idea of starting a review blog ... and was delighted to beg my cousin to help with hers.  It has been such a delight to work with her.
This blog has really stretched me though.  I'm a bit of a hermit ... no ... make that a LOT.  I keep to myself, extremely shy, and never quite know what to do socially.   
Jumping ... Learning to Communicate with others.

Friday, June 1, 2012
What is the first thing that pops into your mind when you hear the word jump?
My kids ... jumping ... probably on the couch or the bed.  Of course they are singing too ... "No more monkeys jumping on the bed!" 
Seriously - kids have a TON of energy, they can't walk anywhere, they bounce - or at least my kids do, and most of the kids I babysat our taught did ... but I'll have to admit to seeing and teaching quite a few plodders.
Jumping can be great exercise.  And it is often a sign of mental growth in a young child.  Children who cannot jump properly, usually (not always) also have a difficult time communicating.   
Jumping = Communication ... interesting thought.


NaBloPoMo ... is sponsored by BlogHer.

1 comment:

  1. I am with you and would travel more. I sure love it but it is expensive. I have a list made up of places I want to go and visit . I got to Paris once after my hubby passed away, and it was a life altering experience for me. Now, I watch House Hunters International and DREAM..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...